Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(October 1992)

Subject: Re: How does majordomo get around sendmail limits
From: Brent Chapman <brent @ GreatCircle . COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 92 10:50:28 -0800
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM, Majordomo-Users @ GreatCircle . COM

Michael Rutman <moose!moose @
 svcdudes .
 com> writes:

# I am using majordomo, and it looks like it justs creates and mantains
# an :include file for the aliases.  Don't these files have 1024
# character limits?  Or am I just seriously misunderstanding things.

Some old versions of Sendmail may have such a limitation, but it is
definitely not present in the version of Sendmail that I'm using (the
standard one shipped by Sun with SunOS 4.1.1).  The Firewalls mailing
list is over 21k long, and the Firewalls-Digest list is over 4k, and
both work just fine.

Questions like this are more appropriate to Majordomo-Users than
List-Managers, by the way.  Majordomo-Users is for discussions
specificly related to the Majordomo software.  List-Managers is for
more general mailing list management discussions, like policies,
procedures, common problems, and so forth.

-Brent

Indexed By Date Previous: How does majordomo get around sendmail limits