Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1992)

Subject: Re: Nominations for Most Stupid Way of Gatewaying Mail
From: bahainvs!johnw @ cs . UMD . EDU (John Wiegley)
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 92 17:10:26 EST
To: "List Managers" <list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

> P.S.  When you reply to this message, please do NOT use your auto-
> reply function.  For some reason, I do not receive messages made
> this way, but I do receive them if they are made from scratch. Thnx.

The user may also not be aware of what is happening to his outbound
mail.  I think it would be wise to check with him before parading him
before a whole mailing list as an idiot.  It happens that I am running
a UUCP WAN through a University node that chews to pieces my outbound
header, so that I often find out days later that something I've put in
my header doesn't appear ANYTHING like it to the MATRIX.

Just thought we'd give the poor guy the benefit of the doubt.

Catch you later,
  John

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Nominations for Most Stupid Way of Gatewaying Mail