Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1992)

Subject: How do you handle brain dead intermediate sites
From: Michael Rutman <moose!moose @ svcdudes . com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 92 11:30:20 -0800
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

While trying to maintain the mac wargames mailing list, I found out that if the
mailing list grew above a certain size (about 50 people), PSI choked on the note
and didn't delete it after sending it.  Therefore, I got my one message, and
everyone else got their 100 or so until I called PSI and had them kill the job.
Anyone have any ideas on how to get around this problem?  Right now I'm using
Majordomo.

---
Michael Rutman			|	moose @
 svcdudes .
 com
Cubist				|	makes me a NeXT programmer
Software Ventures		|	maker of MicroPhone Pro
#include <std.disclaimer>	|	really offensive political statement

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Writing a daemon