Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1992)

Subject: Re: Form of ANN-LOTS header
From: randy @ psg . com (Randy Bush)
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 92 13:29:38 PST
To: rem @ public . btr . com (Robert E. Maas rem @ btr . com)
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Hi RObert,

Sorry, you were caught by Dave and I knowing each other for some decades, and
some rather dry senses of humor.

> From ANN-LOTS @
 VM1 .
 NoDak .
 EDU Fri Dec 18 12:45:33 1992
> Date:         Fri, 18 Dec 1992 12:35:53 PST
> From: Randy Bush <randy @
 PSG .

> Subject:      Re: I'm out of town
> To: Multiple recipients of list ANN-LOTS <ANN-LOTS @
 VM1 .
 NoDak .

Yes, that's about what I see here.  And it has no 'normal' clues that it is
a mailinng list in any place other then the To: comments field.  Maybe, to
handle BITNET lists, I should be checking the To: for "Multiple recipients
of list."

I will hack a specific test for ANN-LOTS headers into the vacation code
here, but this seems less than an ideal solution.  Perhaps folk on the
list-managers list have some advice, so I will Cc: it.

Thanks for your help.

randy

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: How to deal with bounces