Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1992)

Subject: Re: Vandalism problems
From: tasos @ cs . bu . edu (Anastasios Kotsikonas)
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 92 17:45:15 -0500
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM, jim @ pi-chan . ucsb . edu

> discussion on this type of thing.  In particular if you have noticed
> anything like this happening on one of your lists lately, I urge you
> to report it.  Any other suggestions, etc. etc. would be appreciated.

Same thing happened to me two years ago when someone subscribed my list
to a BITNET Listserv list and vice versa, set mail to ACK and he created
a very nice loop thank you very much. Every message originating from the
other list was distributed in mine, then the same message was forwarded
back to the other list, etc.

Fortunately mail was "disrupted" somehow and the whole matter lasted about 2
days.

Tasos

Indexed By Date Previous: Vandalism problems