Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1992)

Subject: Re: For your amusement
From: "Kenton A. Hoover" <shibumi @ net . bio . net>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 92 10:33:01 -0800
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

"Roger Fajman" <RAF @
 CU .
 NIH .
 GOV> sez:
> I'm not amused.  This is not the way to encourage novices to
> learn to use the network.  It's a good way to scare people away.

I would think that people from NIH would be familiar with the idea
of 'kill or cure'. :-)

I would never subject my biologists to something like this (I don't
expect much computer savvy out of them), but I can't say that I
haven't been tempted to do so (in a few cases).

| Kenton A. Hoover                                 |      shibumi @
 net .
 bio .
 net |
| BIOSCI Network Administrator                     |                          |
| BIOSCI/IntelliGenetics, Inc.                     |          +1 415 962 7300 |
|=========== net.bio.net -- The New Home of the bionet Newsgroups ============|
|  I should be drinking a toast to absent friends instead of those comedians  |

Indexed By Date Previous: newbies