Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 1993)

Subject: Archives Chopper
From: Pres Smith <cons052 @ titan . ucs . umass . edu>
Date: 11 Apr 1993 21:24:20 -0400 (EDT)
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

   Is there a sub-program for chopping up archives into "byte"-sized
 chunks of about 100K automatically for Anastasios Kotsikonas' unix
 list server program?  Any program?  It takes too much time for systems
 people to do this by "hand" now.

   Also, are such archives searchable by LDbase rules?

   It's taking me too much time to retrieve old files at subscriber
 requests by "memory" and I don't have a large enough hard disk to hold
 my own "saves" of old posts for use of some file search program.  If I
 did, what do listowners use--Ask Sam?  Zyindex?  WordCruncher?  Fgrep?

   Thanks   Prescott Smith, listowner, Ednet  pgsmith @
 educ .
 umass .
 edu