Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 1993)

Subject: Help in setting up a list.
From: "N. Saravanan" <saravan @ amber . me . fau . edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 93 08:35:42 -0400
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM
Cc: List-Managers-Digest @ GreatCircle . COM

Hello subscribers:

I know this is a very stupid question and I am not even sure if I should waste
your time by asking this.

I have been given the responsibility of setting up a mailing list. It needs
to meet the following requirements:

(1) It has to be in a digest form. (Similar to list-managers-digest).
(2) It has to be moderated.
(3) It has to run on a Sun Sparc. I have downloaded the listserver6.0 software
    and compiled it.

I would like to have a format for the digest as follows:
<Name of the list>  <Date>   <Volume # : Number #>

Some announcements if any go here.

Then followed by actual e-mail from subscribers after they have been moderated.

I have tried setting up the "config" file in the listserver software as follows:

list EVOL-PROG evol-prog @
 magenta .
 me .
 fau .
 edu owner @
 magenta .
 me .
 fau .
 edu password nothing
      -M -m 50 -e

With this set up I do the following:
it into a file. After a certain number of messages have been saved in the file,
the owner edits this file and then forwards it to the list.

At this point I have a number of problems.

(1) The moderated, digestified list keeps coming back to the owner for moderation
    again.
(2) Can I set it up in such a way that the list forwards to the owner only after
    it has received a certain number of messages and has put it in a digest form .
    Possibly with the format described above.
(3) Am I using the wrong software package?
(4) Any other useful suggestions and ideas arewelcome.

If you think replying to the list is a waste of bandwidth, please e-mail your
suggestions and comments to me at:

saravan @
 amber .
 me .
 fau .
 edu

Thanks in advance.

Saravan

* N.Saravan  			       * Part-time Engineer and Full-Time Fisherman ---------*
* saravan @
 amber .
 me .
 fau .
* saravan @
 cse .
 fau .
 edu	       * Live SIMPLY,so that others may simply LIVE ---------*

Indexed By Date Previous: Mail lost through crash of Mycroft.GreatCircle.COM