Subject: If this happens to a Unix MLM?
From: "F. Scott Ophof" <ophof @ CS . UWindsor . Ca>
Date: Sun, 9 May 93 22:09:24 EDT
To: <List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM> (List managers)

What if the following happens to one or more of the Unix MLMs?
Can such errors be dealt with properly?

Regards.
$$\

--------------(summary of a few postings on LSTSRV-L)---------------
On 6 May 1993 14:22:20 GMT Jeffrey R Kell said:
>   Thu, 6 May 1993 08:18:51 EDT Elliott Parker said:
>>On Wed, 5 May 1993 16:52:15 EDT Neither Rain nor Sleet... said:
>>>By any chance, was user "Stu Nuttall"  U9230106 @
 CPC865 .
 EAST-ANGLIA .
 AC .
 UK ?

On 6 May 1993 14:52:38 GMT Dave Gomberg said:
>On what to do about Stu Nuthall, why not tell his postm we will bar anyone
>from that node from any of our lists?  That way it is not our problem
>any more, it is the postmaster's.  What do y'all think?   Dave

On 6 May 1993 17:25:00 GMT Jim Cocks said:
 UCSFVM .
 BITNET>

On 6 May 1993 17:26:06 GMT Marty Hoag said:
>On Thu, 6 May 1993 09:36:18 EDT Jim Cocks said:
>>Stu made quite a nuisance of himself here as well!
>   In our LISTSERV log from Friday, April 30, I see X-FOR FWDED items from
>LISTSERV @
 BITNIC subscribing U9230106 @
 CPC865 .
 EAST-ANGLIA .
 AC .
 UK to our ACADV

On 6 May 1993 13:32:21 GMT Sathaye, Shashi said:
>He (?) subscribed to all of our open lists. I was wondering if uk in ukcc
>was confused for a country name..
>I think this must be a program playing with peoples lists.
>What is bad is, I quiet deleted it from all lists and couple of owners
>added the id back.. :-(
> I decided to let them suffer.. A listserv sweeper can take only this much..

On 6 May 1993 13:44:58 GMT POSTMAST @
 ALBNYVM1 .

On 6 May 1993 15:40:45 GMT Paul M. Karagianis said:
>If this thread keeps going the way it's been going we'll be ready by
>sundown to throw a public keg-party/lynching.  This might just be some
>freshman liberal arts major who did his one computer based homework
>assignment for the year and went home without logging off.  As these
>kinds of pranks go it's pretty innocuous.  On the other hand it's a
>pretty day on the US east coast and a keg-party/lynching sounds like
>fun.  -Kary.

.

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous:
From: (nil)
Next: Re: If this happens to a Unix MLM?
From: Brent Chapman <brent @ GreatCircle . COM>
Indexed By Thread Previous:
From: (nil)
Next: Re: If this happens to a Unix MLM?
From: berg @ pool . Informatik . RWTH-Aachen . DE (Stephen R. van den Berg)