Subject: Re: If this happens to a Unix MLM?
From: "John Martin" <John . Martin @ newcastle . ac . uk>
Date: Mon, 10 May 93 15:36:34 WET DST
To: ophof @ CS . UWindsor . Ca (F. Scott Ophof)
Cc: <List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

Re:

> What if the following happens to one or more of the Unix MLMs?
> Can such errors be dealt with properly?

If this guy joins a Mailbase list, the non-delivery report of his
joining will bounce back to mailbase-helpline @
 mailbase .
 ac .
 uk .
  We have
an 'autoreply' which will do a 'remove mailname' which removes a member
from all our available lists. It requires a minimal of human
intervention.

If a user joins a list and their mail bounces subsequently, then it is
up to the list owner to remove the member.

Because we 'trust' the 'From:' field, we get this happening
occasionally.

Cheers,

John
--