Subject: Re: Majordomo digest question
From: Brent Chapman <brent @ GreatCircle . COM>
Date: Fri, 14 May 93 09:44:33 -0700
To: roussi @ erim . org (Chris Roussi)
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

#
# Brent,
#
#  I set up your digest stuff from an example included in your distribution,
# and nearly everything seems to work fine (the incoming messages go to
# a holding area until enough have accumulated, and the digest gets created
# and sent out), except that when I use the RMAIL feature of GNUS emacs to
# undigestify the mail (using the command "M-x undigestify-rmail-message"),
# I get the response "Message is not a digest". It *looks* like a digest,
# but emacs doesn't recognize it, although it does undigestify things that
# I get from, say, the Space Digest maintainer <digests @
 isu .
 isunet .
 edu>,
# abd the digests that I get from SunFlash (flash @
 sunvice .
 East .
 Sun .
 COM).
# When you get a chance, could you think about what might be happening here?
#
# Thanks.

I'm pretty sure I know what's happening; somebody worked this out
before.  I think emacs isn't looking back far enough from the end of
the message for the "End of ... Digest" marker; it's getting confused
by the "trailer" information that the digest creates.

I've cc'd this message to the List-Managers mailing list.  Does
anybody on List-Managers know what the fix to gnumacs RMAIL is, to
work around this problem?

-Brent
--
Brent Chapman                                   Great Circle Associates
Brent @

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: If this happens to a Unix MLM?