Subject: Re: Pegasus X-Pmrqc header
From: Alan Thew <Alan . Thew @ liverbird . liverpool . ac . uk>
Date: Tue, 18 May 93 20:00:19 BST
To: mailbase-helpline @ mailbase . ac . uk
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Tue, 18 May 1993 19:44:09 +0100 (BST)  John Martin wrote:
[ details of problem removed - it makes me very tempted to have all these
  hdrs removed but that's my opinion ]

>This was allowed to happen because I don't remove 'X-' headers - do you
>do this? Do you think I should? (I don't!)
>
>I have agreed to remove the 'X-Pmrqc' header as it goes through in the
>meantime.
>
>I have also agreed to add the following header to messages distributed
>(which some of you already add I think):

Suggest X-Listmanager: blah blah

(comes with minimal BITNET flames :-))

>I have been in contact with David Harris at Pegasus about this and he
>is as keen as I am to find a solution. We agreed that the 'X-Pmrqc'
>header should contain the address to which the confirmation would be
>sent. (We disagreed about whether Mailbase should remove 'X-' headers
>:-) )
>
>I also agreed to contact this list to try to achieve a consenus for
>identifying mail which has come from a mailing list.  David will try
>to make provision for this in future versions of Pegasus if we can
>agree...
>
>(Dictator hat on)
>
>I think it would be nice if we all agreed on the format of a header to
>be added by our various list servers - would this be acceptable to the
>group? I prefer the 'X-Listserver:' form but I'm open to suggestions.
>
>Comments? flames?

There's always the Precedence: bulk but this is no guarentee.

IMO the X-Listmanager is free of all current name clashes.

my $0.0.2 worth....

--
Alan Thew
alan .

Indexed By Date Previous: Pegasus X-Pmrqc header
From: John Martin <John . Martin @ newcastle . ac . uk>
Next: Re: lists and problem hosts/sites
From: Brent Chapman <brent @ GreatCircle . COM>
Indexed By Thread Previous: Re: X-Listserver (Re: Pegasus X-Pmrqc header)
From: chip @ chinacat . unicom . com (Chip Rosenthal)
Next: Re: Pegasus X-Pmrqc header
From: Christophe Wolfhugel <Christophe . Wolfhugel @ grasp . insa-lyon . fr>