Subject: Re: It came back, but now has (hopefully) died
From: Brent Chapman <brent @ GreatCircle . COM>
Date: Wed, 19 May 93 10:28:26 -0700
To: phoffman @ netcom . com (Paul E. Hoffman)
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM (List Maintainers list)

# This bodes poorly for my first foray into mail-list-leadership. I'll
# decide tomorrow what to do about the list. I have 100 people, most of them
# rank novices, who have their mailboxes hosed by the list. I doubt I can
# regain any credibility for the list.

I've got BITNET addresses on most of the lists I manage (except for
Majordomo-Users and Majordomo-Announce; I wonder why?  :-), and I've
never had a problem like the one you describe.

Are you sure the "owner" aliases and such are set up properly on your
end (like, they weren't accidentally set up to send error messages to
the whole list?)?  And that the "Sender:" field is getting added
properly to messages going to your list?

-Brent
--
Brent Chapman                                   Great Circle Associates
Brent @

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Pegasus X-Pmrqc header