Subject: reply to sender problem
From: troyer @ heffalump . mmwb . ucsf . edu
Date: Mon, 24 May 93 12:39:48 -0700
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Hi --

I keep getting replies to my mailing list with To: fields like:

To: Atlantis-Owner (Rich Skrenta)

It seems to be mixing information from both the Sender: and the From:
fields of the original letters. The Atlantis-Owner comes from the Sender:
field, and (Rich Skrenta) was the real name from the original From: field.
(The original header of the letter that was replied to is listed below.)

(The list name is Atlantis. Atlantis-Owner is me, which is not what the
Reply-er wanted. I am using Brent's resend script to run the list)

Now these are probably pathological mailers, but is there anything
I can do about this? Am I doing everything right?

thanks

john
troyer @
 cgl .
 ucsf .
 edu

Here is the header of the original letter:

Subject: Re: What happened?
To: hankins @
 cs .
 swarthmore .