Subject: Re: Marc . Rinfret @ eng . canadair . ca suggested that I forward this
From: "F. Scott Ophof" <Ophof @ CS . UWindsor . Ca>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1993 22:52:37 -0400
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Wed, 26 May 1993 15:39:18 -0700 Ben .
 Goren @
 asu .
 edu said:
>>Hello fellow Internet Users.
>>
>>I am in the process of compiling a comprehensive list of all known
>>packages that do mailing list management, mailing archive
>>management, and mailing digest management. This is a precursor to a
>>possible RFC cycle to establish some conventions in how
>>lists/digests/archives are managed. If you know of such a package,
>>or of any other simular effort, please send me the package/effort
>>name, Author, and most importantly, the Authors email address.
>>Please respond directly to me via email as I do not subscribe to any
>>of the addressed newsgroups.  I will definately post a follow-up in
>>a week or two.

>Is anybody else out there concerned about the possibility of somebody who
>doesn't read mailing lists and newsgroups devoted to mailing lists writing
>RFCs about mailing lists?

Well, somebody who doesn't read mailing lists and newsgroups devoted
to mailing lists writing RFCs about mailing lists (oof! take a deep
breath..) might check the file "rfc.index" once in a while, or
people writing such RFCs might post to lists/groups that are devoted
to mailing lists (LSTSRV-L, CRENLIST, LISTCREN, LISTEARN, ListNix,
List-Managers, etc.), or set up a list or group devoted to mailing
lists writing RFCs about mailing lists (and advertise it on for
example MAIL-L.  (grin)

Would that help?

Regards.
$$\