Subject: Re: X-Listserver (Re: Pegasus X-Pmrqc header)
From: johnw @ bahainvs . org (John Wiegley)
Date: Thu, 27 May 93 08:09:50 EDT
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Re: The X-Listserver stuff...

It seems to me that the best thing would be a sequence of headers
which are informative, and which don't confuse the recipient.
"X-Listserver" and "X-Mailing-List" seem to connote two
different things (one being the "controller", and the other
being the "controlled").  As I see it, a header would have:

[In my case...]

Now, the "X-Listserver" can be taken two ways.  Either it is there
to show the author of the listserv software (such as
or it is there to show the entry-address for the listserver on
your system, such as I have it above.  Personally, I don't like
sticking my name on every piece of mail that goes out of my
system.  But that's just me.  However, should we be making
a distinction between "X-Listserver" (the resource), and
perhaps "X-Listserver-Version:" (the tag-line)?

John

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: X-Listserver (Re: Pegasus X-Pmrqc header)