Subject: Dealing with GEnie
From: Michelle Dick <artemis @ rahul . net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 93 04:04:00 -0700
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

One of the members of my mailing list just made a shocking revalation.
She said that GEnie is "archiving the Fatfree Digest on their Food &
Wine Library".  What the heck does she mean (I know nothing about
GEnie)?  I do have two members who get the digest through their GEnie
accounts.  Does GEnie operate local exploders?  Is one of my members
uploading the digest to some sort of pool?  And why the heck wasn't I
informed?

Not sure how I feel about this (especially since I don't know exactly
what is going on).  Afterall, GEnie is a for-profit system and I don't
like the idea of them using my mailing list (which I provide for free)
as some sort of service that they are providing for a fee (especially
when they don't ask my permission).  Individual email is one thing, an
archive is a whole 'nother beast.

Has anyone else had something like this happen?

--
Michelle Dick
artemis @