From: Chris Siebenmann <cks @ hawkwind . utcs . toronto . edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1993 14:36:17 -0400
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

 A thought about commercial services and evilness:
 What is the real difference between me buying an account on
world.std.com and me buying a SLIP connection from my local service
provider? I'd be annoyed if people want to maintain that doing the
latter means I shouldn't be able to get access to a mailing list.

 I suspect that it's time to move to a view that if people are
willing to pay for it with their eyes open, more power to them
and the Internet. If the service provider attempts to censor
the list, then I'd get annoyed, but not otherwise.

	- cks