From: Chris Siebenmann <cks @ hawkwind . utcs . toronto . edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1993 14:38:52 -0400
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

[to atone for that last message, which is somewhat off topic:]

 I run a bunch of mailing lists here, and by far the most
time-consuming thing is adding and deleting people, so I'd
like to automate this. Does anyone have some *simple* software,
easy to configure and set up, that can sit on -request addresses
and handle subscribe and unsubscribe requests by fiddling a file?

 I don't want something that does the mailing itself, or insists
that the file of addresses has a funny format, or insists on using
a centralized address for requests. Does this leave anything?

	- cks

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: GEnie and mailing lists