Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1993)

Subject: Comparison of Unix-based listserver software?
From: riddle @ is . rice . edu (Prentiss Riddle)
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1993 07:46:52 -0600 (CST)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Hi.  Some people here at Rice are evaluating Unix-based listserver
software.  The intention is to replace our mainframe-based LISTSERV,
although we have not yet decided whether an exact LISTSERV clone is a
must.

My question: Has anyone done a comparison of features among the various
available packages?  Or even compiled a list of the leading contenders
which someone making this decision should look at?

If you have an answer which would be of general interest, please post
it to the list; otherwise please send it to me.  (And forgive me if
there's already a FAQ available and I've simply missed it.)  Thanks.

-- Prentiss Riddle ("aprendiz de todo, maestro de nada") riddle @
 rice .
 edu
-- Systems Programmer, Office of Networking Services
-- Rice University, POB 1892, Houston, TX 77251 / Mudd 208 / 713-285-5327

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous:
Next: Re: Comparison of Unix-based listserver software?
Next: Re: Comparison of Unix-based listserver software?
From: Jeff Brown <jbrown @ speedway . net>