Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1993)

Subject: Comparison of Unix-based listserver software?
From: tower @ gnu . ai . mit . edu
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 93 23:25:13 est
To: riddle @ is . rice . edu
Cc: list-managers @ greatcircle . com
Home: 36 Porter Street, Somerville, MA 02143, USA +1 (617) 623-7739

   From: riddle @
 is .
 rice .
 edu (Prentiss Riddle)
   Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1993 07:46:52 -0600 (CST)

   Hi.  Some people here at Rice are evaluating Unix-based listserver
   software.  The intention is to replace our mainframe-based LISTSERV,
   although we have not yet decided whether an exact LISTSERV clone is a
   must.

   My question: Has anyone done a comparison of features among the various
   available packages?  Or even compiled a list of the leading contenders
   which someone making this decision should look at?

   If you have an answer which would be of general interest, please post
   it to the list; otherwise please send it to me.  (And forgive me if
   there's already a FAQ available and I've simply missed it.)  Thanks.

   -- Prentiss Riddle ("aprendiz de todo, maestro de nada") riddle @
 rice .
 edu
   -- Systems Programmer, Office of Networking Services
   -- Rice University, POB 1892, Houston, TX 77251 / Mudd 208 / 713-285-5327

please send me any answers you get.

thanx -len

Member, League for Programming Freedom.  Ask: lpf @
 uunet .