Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1993)

Subject: Re: A question of philosophy
From: paulh @ ox . com (Paul Haas)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 93 15:53 EST
To: cds @ ossi . com, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Chris Seabrook <cds @
 ossi .
 com> wrote:
> What behaviour/header values have other people been asked for by their
> subscribers ??

It varies with the message.  Someone who intends to start a discussion
wants replies to go to the whole list.  On the other hand, someone who
needs to get a count of how many individuals are going to a function
that requires reservations, wants replies to go to the author.  37
"I'll be there" messages gets a bit annoying for the subscribers to a
list.  Note that both of the above "someones" may be the same person
posting to the same list.

Our cheap hack is to have the sender put the list as a blind carbon
("Bcc:") when he explicitly did not want replies to go the list.  I'd
like to see a more elegant solution.  I'm hoping that recent events
will force most systems to upgrade to modern mailers.
--
Paul Haas
paulh @

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: A question of philosophy