Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(January 1994)

Subject: Re: Commercials
From: sullivan @ fa . disney . com
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 94 11:26 PST
To: List-Managers @ greatcircle . com

>      I'm trying to develop guidelines that will be enforcible, if
>  necessary.   The AUP's are far too vague and, depending on interpre-
>  tation, would permit just about anything.   Does anyone have any
>  suggestions or pointers to other lists who have successfully dealt
>  with the problem?

First, what is your list about and second, is it moderated?  My list
only goes out digested so it's easy for me to control what goes out
(though I rarely have to).  When people subscribe they get an FAQ copy
and there it states that the posting of "for sale" ads is limited to
personal items related to the list--no commercial ads will be
accepted.  Nobody has complained and it has worked so far.

Michael Sullivan                     sullivan @
 fa .
 disney .
 com
Walt Disney Feature Animation        +1 818 544 2683 (voice)
Glendale, CA                         +1 818 544 4579 (fax)

Indexed By Date Previous: Commercials