Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(January 1994)

From: bill @ biome . bio . ns . ca (Bill Silvert)
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 1994 10:42:26 -0400 (AST)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Further information on the following posting -- on checking the system
logfile I find that there are massive numbers of errors associated with
too many file handles.  These correlate with Majordomo activity.

This is a busy list, up to 100 new subscriptions per day, and I feel
I've opened a real Pandora's box.  I'll try to find someone else to take
over the list or some other software, but the present situation is
proving a real disaster.  I can't serve the list and my workstation is
really getting clogged by all the activity.

Bill Silvert

--
Bill Silvert at the Bedford Institute of Oceanography
P. O. Box 1006, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA B2Y 4A2

Indexed By Date Previous: Digest Package