Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(January 1994)

Subject: Re: New Manager Needs Help
From: Brent Chapman <brent @ mycroft . GreatCircle . COM>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 1994 14:48:37 -0800
To: Matthew Engel <MENGEL%SUFFOLK . bitnet @ CUNYVM . CUNY . EDU>
Cc: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Matthew Engel <MENGEL%SUFFOLK .
 bitnet @
 CUNYVM .
 CUNY .
 EDU> writes:

# I am new to this entire mailing list manager thing and I was wondering if
# sombody could help me. I am looking for an automated program such as LISTSERV
# or Majordomo. If anyone can tell me where to find these programs it would be
# greatly appreciated. Any helpful hints as far as which program is better or
# anydifferent program would also be appreciated. Finally, I am attempting to
# start up a non-moderated list. Any ideas as far as time consumption? How much
# will it cost my schedule? I am not a member of this list, so please E-Mail me
# directly.  Thanks in advance.

Raphael Manfredi <ram @
 eiffel .
 com> did a review and comparison of the
three most common UNIX mailing list management packages (ListProc,
Procmail, and Majordomo) and posted it to the List-Managers mailing
list about a year ago.  The review is available for anonymous FTP from
FTP.GreatCircle.COM, file pub/list-managers/software.review.  That
should give you an idea of what's available, and help you choose which
one is most appropriate for you.

-Brent
--
Brent Chapman                                   Great Circle Associates
Brent @

Indexed By Date Previous: Promoting