I am in the process of setting up a listserv for staff use at the Seattle
Public Library, and I would like to hear about the experiences of others
in setting up listservs. As I have just signed up for List-Managers, I don't
know if this topic has already been thoroughly discussed. I have thus far
been unable to access the archive to read past messages.
Specifically, any information on topics such as the following would be
1) Pros and cons of moderated vs. unmoderated listservs.
2) Tips for naming a listserv:
- What does the "-L" often found at the end of listserv names
mean? Is it preferable to include this in a name?
- Can hyphens go anywhere in the name?
- Does it matter if the letters of the name are in upper or
3) Are there any good books or articles on setting up listservs?
The literature searches I've done have turned up nothing.
Thank you in advance for any assistance on this matter.
Seattle Public Library