Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 1994)

Subject: Re: By user digesting
From: Software Development <junkyard @ primate . wisc . edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 1994 18:28:57 -0500 (CDT)
To: mmorse @ nsf . gov (Michael H. Morse)
Cc: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

> A user wants to set up a list in which each member can decide
> for themselves whether they want to get individual messages or
> a periodic digest.  Does either majordomo or listproc (or others)
> support this?

I do this with a majordomo list by having a xxx list and a xxx-digest
list.  Users that want individual messages subscribe to the first.
Users that want digests subscribe to the second.  The messages on the
digest list consist of concatenated messages sent to the first.

Paul DuBois
dubois @
 primate .
 wisc .