Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 1994)

Subject: Need to move a list to a willing host
From: merchant @ anuxv . att . com (s.merchant)
Date: 14 Jun 1994 11:32 EDT
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Hello,
	I have been administering ballroom @
 athena .
 mit .
 edu (about 250
members) for about 2 years now, but I will need to move the list to
another host shortly, for a combination of reasons that include:

(a) I do not have easy access to the host anymore;
(b) The administrators of the host machine discourage public mailing lists;
(c) There is no automatic list maintenance facility (majordomo, listserv)
    and the list has got to the point where it is extremely unwieldy and
    time-consuming to administer it manually.

Therefore, I am looking for a host with an automatic list server that
will be willing to have the list reside on it.  I would continue doing
the administration of the list.

Does anyone know of entities who respond favourably to such requests?
Naturally, I would prefer one who would do it gratis (I had heard that
many of the bitnet listservs will do that--true?) but, failing that,
which of the commercial services have especially favourable terms for
those who use their accounts primarily for list management?

As mentioned earlier, the list is about 250 entries, and may double in
size in the next few years.  Volume is 5-10 messages per day and could
also double in size.

Thanks for any info.

Shahrukh Merchant

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: By user digesting