Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 1994)

Subject: Re: Need to move a list to a willing host
From: Brent Chapman <brent @ mycroft . GreatCircle . COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 1994 11:05:43 -0700
To: merchant @ anuxv . att . com (s.merchant)
Cc: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

merchant @
 anuxv .
 att .
 com (s.merchant) writes:

# Therefore, I am looking for a host with an automatic list server that
# will be willing to have the list reside on it.  I would continue doing
# the administration of the list.
#
# Does anyone know of entities who respond favourably to such requests?
# Naturally, I would prefer one who would do it gratis (I had heard that
# many of the bitnet listservs will do that--true?) but, failing that,
# which of the commercial services have especially favourable terms for
# those who use their accounts primarily for list management?

Portal and NetCom both have Majordomo servers, presumably for the user
of their customers.  I'd send a "help" command to Majordomo @
 portal .
 com
and Majordomo @
 Netcom .
 com, and see who they say to contact with
questions about the server.

-Brent
--
Brent Chapman         | Great Circle Associates  | Call or email for info about
Brent @

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Need to move a list to a willing host