Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 1994)

Subject: Re: This Weeks Idiot Error Message Award
From: Brent Chapman <brent @ mycroft . GreatCircle . COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 1994 09:12:03 -0700
To: Steve Simmons <scs @ lokkur . dexter . mi . us>

Steve Simmons <scs @
 lokkur .
 dexter .
 mi .
 us> writes:

# There was a smiley on that subject line, in case any of you missed it.
#
# >To:            Firewalls-Digest @
 GreatCircle .
 COM
# >Subject:       Firewalls Digest V3 #195
# >
# >Message not delivered to recipients below.  Press F1 for help with VNM
# >error codes.
# >
# >	VNM3043:  MSH5 @
 CnoIp@CTS
# >
# >------------------  Error number Explanation Follows -------------------
# >
# >VNM3043 -- MAILBOX IS FULL.
# >
# >   The message cannot be delivered because the
# >   recipient's mailbox contains the maximum number of
# >   messages, as set by the system administrator.  The
# >   recipient must delete some messages before any
# >   other messages can be delivered. . . .
#
# Actually, this would be a pretty good message if it hadn't been sent
# to the entire firewalls mailing list.  Context is sometimes everything.
#

Yeah, except my keyboard doesn't HAVE an F1 key...

I've been seeing a lot of these lately.  I think it's some sort of
Banyan gateway or something like that.  Grr...

-Brent
--
Brent Chapman         | Great Circle Associates  | Call or email for info about
Brent @

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: This Weeks Idiot Error Message Award