Subject: Re: How to handle threats from disgruntled members
From: Sharon Shea <sshea @ world . std . com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 1994 15:08:17 -0400 (EDT)
To: Rich Kulawiec <rsk @ gynko . circ . upenn . edu>
Cc: Grayson Walker <gwalker @ rtfm . mlb . fl . us>, artemis @ rahul . net, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

> The members of the mailing lists that I run will become my "customers"
> when they begin to pay me a fee for the "service" that I am providing
> to them.  Until that happens, the mailing lists will be run in any
> fashion I choose; those who do not care for what they receive are always
> free to unsubscribe and/or seek other mailing lists and/or start their own.

I have to agree with this one. I try to give list members what they want,
but I'm putting in the time, effort (and money!) - they are privileged
guests. It does spoil the party when guests get out of hand!

-Sharon

From: troyer @ cgl . ucsf . edu (John M. Troyer)
Next: Attitudes, Service, and Mailing Lists
From: Grayson Walker <gwalker @ rtfm . mlb . fl . us>
Indexed By Thread Previous: Re: How to handle threats from disgruntled members
From: rsk @ gynko . circ . upenn . edu (Rich Kulawiec)
Next: Re: Limited Perspective
From: Grayson Walker <gwalker @ rtfm . mlb . fl . us>