From: Paul Graham <pjg @ acsu . buffalo . edu>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 1994 18:44:35 -0400
To: Grayson Walker <gwalker @ rtfm . mlb . fl . us>
Cc: William LeFebvre <lefebvre @ athens . dis . anl . gov>, Michelle Dick <artemis @ rahul . net>, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

it seems you are misplacing responsibility.  when i sign-up for a new
service i must be prepared for difficulty.  if i am disenchanted i take my
patronage elsewhere.  this is sadly the way the entire world works and it
remains incumbent upon the patron to express dismay by spending time elsewhere.

this, of course, presumes there are no contractual obligations on either
party.

-------- You write:
I recognize this as mildly polemic. Your position may have been defensible
in the Arpanet and early Internet days, but not today. Today we have lots
of mailing list members who pay for access to our 'Net. Some of them
--
   paul

pjg @
 acsu .
 buffalo .
 edu / uunet!acsu.buffalo.edu!pjg / pjg @
 ubvm
(ripem public key at keyserver ripem.acsu.buffalo.edu)
if the above contains opinions they are mine unless marked otherwise.