From: Grayson Walker <gwalker @ rtfm . mlb . fl . us>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 1994 07:45:15 -0400 (EDT)
To: Brent Chapman <brent @ GreatCircle . COM>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Brent:

> # Commercial Real Estate list did last weekend. YOU and I may not receive
> # financial compensation, but there are lots of paying customers. Just one
> # more piece of a complex and flawed process. They are customers.

Just because there is no direct financial exchange does not mean they
are not your customer. The fact that you run a list mean you get something
out of the effort -- whatever that may be -- that is your compensation.
You say if you get money, you'll take a service orientation.

You miss the point. The processes are complex and flawed. Just because
you and I cannot solve the problems today (with our limited technology)
does not mean the problems will not be solved in the future. Stick around
long enough and you'll see the money you want.