Subject: Re: How to handle threats from disgruntled members
From: scott @ dsg . tandem . com (mueller_scott)
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 94 10:02:04 PDT
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

>It's fairly easy to filter out 95% of the administrivia requests sent to a
>list.  Majordomo supports this, as does various homegrown list software.

It occurred to me recently that this may even have helped cause the problem
that lead to this thread.  I don't remember any more what the Majordomo code
does with sub/unsub requests sent to the this, but if it was dropping them
silently, then no-one could possibly have seen the requests, which would
certainly tend to send some people into the stratosphere...

           \scott

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: How to handle threats from disgruntled members