Subject: Re: How to handle threats from disgruntled members
From: Dave Sill <de5 @ de5 . CTD . ORNL . GOV>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 1994 13:54:46 -0400
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

>It occurred to me recently that this may even have helped cause the problem
>that lead to this thread.  I don't remember any more what the Majordomo code
>does with sub/unsub requests sent to the this, but if it was dropping them
>silently, then no-one could possibly have seen the requests, which would
>certainly tend to send some people into the stratosphere...

Majordomo bounces administrivia requests to the list owner (if this
feature is enabled).  The software I use for alpha-osf-managers and
decstation-managers sends a generic bounce message directly to the
user that includes a pointer to the right place to send administrivia.

--
Dave Sill (de5 @
 ornl .