Subject: Info on setting up list
From: JM . HOLDER @ AppleLink . Apple . COM (Jean-Marc Holder, Paris,F,FR,IDV)
Date: 14 Jul 94 09:28 GMT
To: LIST-MANAGERS @ GREATCIRCLE . COM

I have a question similar to Michelle's though a little broader.

I would like to set up a list server from scratch and haven't got a clue where
to start.  I currently run a Mac but am willing to move to any other platform.
Here are my questions:

1) How should I estimate the size of system that I need?
2) What list server software offers reeasonable performance with minimal
administration complexity (both the software and underlying OS).
3) What O/S is reccomended (does any list server software run on the Mac)?
4) Is there a source of information for people like me who are just starting
out in this area?

Thanks in advance,

Jean-Marc
Internet address: JM .
 HOLDER @
 AppleLink .
 Apple .
 COM

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Apology
Next: Looking for useful shell scripts etc
Next: Looking for useful shell scripts etc
From: Malcolm Jackson <cczmjj @ unicorn . ccc . nottingham . ac . uk>