Subject: New version of the LoL
From: vivian @ sri . com (Vivian Neou)
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 1994 00:53:42 -0700
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

I have almost completed a major revision of the List of Lists. This is
the list of e-mail lists that was originally started by Rich Zellich
back when there was only an Arpanet. I am sending this notice out now
rather than when I am completely done because I will have time for the
next couple weeks to make quick updates if you find mistakes in the
current version - so if you are a list owner, please check your entry in
the list and let me know if there are errors.

This is the first complete revision of the list in many years. I have
attempted to verify that all the lists are still valid. However, there
are over 900 entries in this list and I cannot guarantee the accuracy of
each listing.  If you find errors please let me know!   I also
appreciate getting entries for lists that are not included in the
current LoL.

The new list is on SRI.COM and may be retrieved via anonymous FTP or
through the e-mail server at MAIL-SERVER @
 SRI .
 COM (include the command
"send interest-groups.txt" in your message).

I am looking for a few new official sites for the list, since SRI will
not be able to host it much longer. If you are interested in officially
hosting the list, please let me know (I will continue to do updates on
my system at home - I would just like to make the list available on one
or more sites with good connectivity).

Please send updates to me (vivian @
 sri .
 com) rather than to the old update
address (interest-groups-request @
 nisc .
 sri .
 com). I will probably be
putting up new versions of the list every 3-4 days through the beginning
of August.  After the list has settled down, I will only be putting out
new versions once a month.

Vivian Neou

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: My Listproc-Majordomo comparison