Subject: Policies and problems of lists
From: "John Byczkowski" <usr7156a @ TSO . UC . EDU>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 1994 08:13:18 -0400
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

My name is John Byczkowski, and I'm a reporter for the Cincinnati Enquirer,
the morning daily here.

I'm writing an article about Internet mailing lists, and would be interested
in talking to a few list managers about trends and problems in this field.

Is the trend toward moderated or unmoderated lists? How do you effectively
deal with users who get out of line (posting off-topic, flaming, etc.)? Does
anyone out there fear being sued for actions taken while managing a list?

I personally feel that joining a mail list is the best way to meet people
online, and I want to give readers a sense of what to expect and a few rules
of etiquette (I'll learn to spell that before I write the article).

I'm on deadline, so quick responses would be much appreciated. E-mail me here
with your phone number and I'll call you, or call me at 513-768-8503.

Thanks in advance.....John B.

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Help! in configuring majordomo