Subject: Re: New Rider's Internet Yellow Pages
From: Eric Thomas <ERIC @ SEARN . SUNET . SE>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 1994 17:23:39 +0200
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

A friend of mine,  who is a teacher, is getting free  copies of all sorts
of Internet  books (the publishers  hope that  she'll like them  and tell
students to buy  them). Most of them talk about  mailing lists. More than
90% contain  information that is  technically incorrect. I'm  not talking
about subtle details  here, but about things that Joe  Internet User with
his two  mailing list subscriptions knows.  The first time I  saw that, I
got angry and  wanted to write to  the publisher. By the time  I had gone
through the pile, I  decided it wasn't worth it. It would  be a full time
job :-(

  Eric

Indexed By Date Previous: New Rider's Internet Yellow Pages