Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1994)

Subject: Re: Charge for Spamming and it will go away
From: Chris Siebenmann <cks @ hawkwind . utcs . toronto . edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 18:21:31 -0500
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

 There is a simple non-technical solution to this problem; it is
successfully dealing with the same problem with fax machines and
automated telephone calls. And that's to have laws passed making
it illegal to do.

 I'm not in favor of trying to charge people money to do it; all
that's likely to happen is that they won't pay you. Then you get
to chase them through the court system, a considerable amount of
work for non-local people.

	- cks