Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1994)

Subject: Please DO NOT respond to spam on the list-managers list
From: mcb @ greatcircle . com (Michael C. Berch)
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 16:08:27 +0000
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com
Cc: fholson @ maroon . tc . umn . edu

If you feel you must respond to the spam posted by "actuary @
 ix .
 netcom .
 com"
to this and many other mailing lists, please do so by mail directly
to that account and/or its service provider, or in an appropriate
newsgroup like alt.current-events.net-abuse. Please do not respond
via the list-managers mailing list, regardless of content, or
solicit an apology here, or whatever.  As usual, the worst part of
spam are the endless rounds of followups, which dwarf the original
message's obnoxiousness quotient by sheer volume.

Discussion of list management policy and technical issues related
to the spamming of mailing lists, is, of course, welcome.

--
Michael C. Berch
List-Managers list manager