Subject: netiquette suggestions?
From: Dave Del Torto <ddt @ lsd . com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 1995 07:51:40 -0700
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com
Cc: Michael Sattler <msattler @ jungle . com>, <e3-book-ideas @ lsd . com>

Hi Folks!

Mike and I are busily writing the definitive book on Eudora 3.0, which
includes, among many other things, whole chapters on email privacy/security
(we're both also on the PGP 3.0 team) and other issues relating to the
Internet in general.

Right now, I'm working on the chapter in the book that discusses
"netiquette," and wondered if any of you would care to comment on what you
think are the most important things that netizens should: be aware of; not
ever do; positively reinforce in others; etc. Your opinions, based on
experience, are very important to us, and if any of you say anything
_really_ clever, we might even want to quote you in the book (with your
permission, of course...basic netiquette!).   :)

I'm also discussing how to properly subscribe and unsubscribe from mailing
lists (LISTSERV and Majordomo), and how to _behave_ on them. If any of you
have any comments, guidelines and/or pet peeves that you think should be
mentioned, this is your chance to pipe up! :)

Because of the focus on Eudora 3.0 (and Qualcomm's unofficial blessing) the
book may be read by many of the 2-3 million Eudora users, so this may be a
great opportunity for you to get your "message" out to lots of people.

Please address your mail to:

  <e3-book-ideas @
 lsd .
 com>