Subject: Re: Mac-based List Mgmt Software?
From: Brent @ GreatCircle . COM (Brent Chapman)
Date: Wed, 3 May 1995 08:58:56 -0800
To: Dave Del Torto <ddt @ lsd . com>, list-managers @ greatcircle . com

At 6:47 AM 5/3/95, Dave Del Torto wrote:
>Gals and Guys,
>
>This is off the topic of the Eudora 3.0/Email/Netiquette questions I asked
>the list yesterday (thatnks to everyone who replied and keep 'em coming to
><e3-book-ideas @
 lsd .
 com> - they're great ideas), but it's something I've
>been wondering about recently, and this seems like the appropriate place to
>ask such a generic question:
>
>Does anyone here manage an Internet mailing list on a Mac server, and if
>so, what *software* do you use? Is there a flavor of LISTSERV or Majordomo
>or (?) that one can use to operate a mailing list on the Mac platform? If
>not, will there be soon, to anyone's knowledge? Brent? Someone?

I have heard of a couple of packages specificly written for the Mac, but I
don't recall their names; maybe somebody else can supply them.

Porting Majordomo to the Mac would be a major task, I suspect.  Majordomo
pretty much assumes a UNIX-style file system, process structure, and I/O
library.  Unless you have that (or a good enough emulation of it; I think
some folks have ported Majordomo to Windows NT, for instance), I expect
porting to be pretty difficult.

-Brent

For info about the Internet Security Firewalls Tutorial and a schedule
of upcoming dates, please send email to Tutorial-Info @
 GreatCircle .
 COM
Brent Chapman                                 Great Circle Associates
Brent @
 GreatCircle .
 COM                         1057 West Dana Street
+1 415 962 0841                               Mountain View, CA  94041

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Why?