Subject: Re: Why?
From: Brent @ GreatCircle . COM (Brent Chapman)
Date: Wed, 3 May 1995 08:56:20 -0800
To: bobb3 @ fgdc . er . usgs . GOV, list-managers @ greatcircle . com

At 7:57 AM 5/3/95, bobb3 @
 fgdc .
 er .
 usgs .
 GOV wrote:
>   My user base is very email intense and quite busy.  To ease their task
>
>   of reviewing a lot of mail, I have hacked the 'majordomo.pl' script to
>insert
>
>   the $list name on the same line as the 'Subject', in the fashion;
>
>      'Subject: $list:'
>
>     This allows them to cull out certain groups of mail and has been quite
>
>  helpful, however lately this 'fix' hasn't been coming through as previously
>
>  stated and the 'Sender:' has been 'list-owner @
 xxxx .
 xx .
 xx .
 xxx', instead of the

>  real originator. Everything else seems normal, receipt and distribution wise.
>
>    Anyone have any ideas ?   Thanx...........

List-Managers @
 GreatCircle .
 COM is NOT the place for Majordomo-specific
questions.  From the List-Managers information that all new subscribers
receive:

Technical questions regarding particular software packages (for
instance, Majordomo, LISTPROC, ListServ, etc.) are NOT appropriate
for the List-Managers mailing list.  They should be directed to the
mailing list dedicated to that particular package (for instance,
for Majordomo, that's Majordomo-Users @
 GreatCircle .
 COM).  Check the
documentation that came with the package to find out where the support
list for that package is hosted.

-Brent

For info about the Internet Security Firewalls Tutorial and a schedule
of upcoming dates, please send email to Tutorial-Info @
 GreatCircle .
 COM
Brent Chapman                                 Great Circle Associates
Brent @
 GreatCircle .
 COM                         1057 West Dana Street
+1 415 962 0841                               Mountain View, CA  94041

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Mac-based List Mgmt Software?