Subject: Re: sendmail delayed delivery notification too soon?
From: Info-LabVIEW List Maintainer <info-labview-request @ pica . army . mil>
Date: Thu, 11 May 95 8:34:05 EDT
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Paul Graham <pjg @
 acsu .
 buffalo .
 edu> wrote:
>do most people consider the default sendmail v8 delayed delivery notify
>time too short?  on my workstation 10 minutes seems about right but a
>number of list managers think 8 hours is way too short.

I agree. Anything less than 12 hours is only an irritation to me. Actually,
the things are an irritation period (but I figger my chances of getting it
turned off outright are slim to none, so I ask to have them increased to 12
hours). Why should I care? Bounce it when it times out, (which it rarely
does) but otherwise, leave me alone. I have enough mail to read:-}

		  Tom Coradeschi, Info-LabVIEW List Maintainer
		      <info-labview-request @
 pica .
 army .
 mil>
	  http://k-whiner.pica.army.mil/info-labview/info-labview.html

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: AOL's Reply function and list-of-list resources