Subject: Re: Purpose of digests ?
From: PMDAtropos @ aol . com
Date: Wed, 17 May 1995 09:22:45 -0400
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

In a message dated 95-05-17 07:33:43 EDT, kr @
 shell .
 portal .
 com writes:

>BTW, this is an extreme inconvenience. This represents a constant problem
>with AOL customers which I happen to deal with. Passing manuscripts this
>way is very painful.

I understand how you feel, believe me.

>Do you happen to have any information about what the plans of AOL are to
>lift this limitation ?

I forsee two solutions, both of which are probably going to happen;
unfortunately, I don't have details on *when*. The first is that the 31k
textbox limitation will go away, the second is that MIME attachments will be
supported. A combination of both changes would probably solve everyone's
problems.

--
__ David B. O'Donnell (atropos @
 aol .