Subject: Re: Purpose of digests ?
From: dattier @ wwa . com (David W. Tamkin)
Date: Wed, 17 May 1995 11:11:54 -0500 (CDT)
To: PMDAtropos @ aol . com
Cc: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

David O'Donnell wrote,

| It should also be noted that America Online is not the only
| Internet-connected system which limits the number of e-mail messages a user
| can maintain on the host system. Just from my own experiences as a list
| owner, VAXen and FreeNets seem to commonly impose limits (usually via a
| general storage quota).

AOL is certainly not the only one that limits the amount of mail that may be
stored.  I named it as the only one *that*I*know*of* where the number of
pieces of mail counts as well as the total size of all stored mail, where two
1K letters use up more of your quota than one 2K letter does.  There may well
be others, but I can't name any.  That's rather different from counting one's
mail spool in one's total disk usage (e.g., Netcom).