Subject: Re: Purpose of digests ?
From: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk @ unpc . queernet . org>
Date: Wed, 17 May 1995 12:33:11 -0700
To: dattier @ wwa . com (David W. Tamkin)
Cc: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

> When I wrote,
>
> T> If the subscriber's site offers some text and mail utilities -- or a
> T> compiler so that the user can provide for himself or herself -- then he
> T> or she can burst digest issues into their component messages and sort or
> T> filter them.
>
> Roger Klorese responded,
>
> K> Does Eudora burst digests?  I dunno.  It can sort and filter.
>
> Whoa there, Stoney.  Bringing up Eudora changes the subject completely.

Your argument ignores the fact that most users of Eudora these days
*are* constrained in some way by their employer, school, or service
provider -- mail is not directly delivered to them, after all, so
service limitations at their POP server apply.

In addition, while users may be "free" to use some other digest-burster,
odds are pretty good that they don't have access to one, or at least,
to one that can burst a digest that's been POP-loaded from their
server into a Eudora folder.
---
ROGER B.A. KLORESE                                          rogerk @
 QueerNet .
 ORG
2215-R Market Street #576         San Francisco, CA 94114       +1 415 ALL-ARFF
"There is only one real blasphemy: the refusal of joy."         -- Paul Rudnick