Subject: IETFHDR Digests & Eudora
From: Dave Del Torto <ddt @ lsd . com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 1995 22:33:30 -0700
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com
Cc: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk @ unpc . queernet . org>, dattier @ wwa . com (David W. Tamkin)

At 4:10 PM 5/15/95, Roger B.A. Klorese wrote:

>>| On the other hand, [digests] make it impossible to sort or filter by
>>topic, | poster or thread.

[elided]

>Does Eudora burst digests?  I dunno.  It can sort and filter.

Keep this reasonably quiet for now, but Eudora 3.0 (in early testing) does
do some of the sorts of things you're describing, as long as you're subbed
to a list with "ietfhdr" header digest capability (i.e. MIME-compatible,
like the Photoshop list).

I did an informal poll a while back as part of my E3 alpha-testing and
found *very* few lists that support the MIME headers, though... seems like
many list-managers have some catching up to do with their software(s).

   dave

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: high performance/large volume mail service