Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 1995)

Subject: setting features of a digest
From: David Zlotchenko <zlotchen @ solar . rtd . utk . edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 1995 16:07:52 -0400 (EDT)
To: List-Managers @ miles . greatcircle . com

Dear friends,

Sorry if my question is not general enough, and more technical.

I'm trying to set up features for digesting of my list: length in lines
and/or days to cover.  Currently I have in the server config file the
following line:
digest vecua42 100000 30

If I understand correctly, 100000 is max number of lines in a digest and
30 is max number of days between digest.  But I'm getting digest sent
with one or two short postings (~20 lines plus 8-10 of headers).  The
digest delay only couple hours consolidating postings (that is how I got
2 mails in a digest).  All postings have to be approved.

Could someone advise me what is incorrect in my configuration and/or
where I can read detail protocol of the server config file.

We are running Listserv 6.0 on Sun OS 4.0.1.

Thank you very much.

--
David Zlotchenko
Research Services                      Phone: (01) (615) 974-2909

Indexed By Date Previous: Returned mail: unknown mailer error 139 (fwd)